- 165 Views
- No comments
LinkedIn is far and away one of the most popular employment-oriented services in the world.
With over 500 million members and counting, the website is known as the pinnacle of professional networking and online business relationships.
It’s a great business model – one that attracts countless employers and employees. It just makes sense that so many others are trying to cash in on LinkedIn’s incredible success.
LinkedIn is a valuable resource for career and business professionals to network; obtain resources and support; and build relationships with potential customers, clients, and partners. It’s ideal for home-based business owners, freelancers, and telecommuters, as it can help them build their business and career, as well as stay connected to the outside world.
LinkedIn was Started in December 2002 Reif Hoffman, together with a couple of pals. While it didn’t survive long, He discovered an important matter, Professional could not resist visiting the website, browsing around and connecting together. That understanding led finally to LinkedIn because we understand it now.
Overview of LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social network specifically designed for career and business professionals to connect. Over 65 million professionals use LinkedIn to cultivate their careers and businesses. Unlike other social networks in which you might become “friends” with anyone and everyone, LinkedIn is about building strategic relationships. Thus, the number of connections is less important than the type of connections. In fact, LinkedIn stops showing your actual number of connections once you have 500 because it’s about quality, not quantity.
The site boasts members from just about every country and every industry imaginable. In fact, many Fortune 500 executives are on LinkedIn. The site has some advertising, but it’s not as invasive as other networking sites.
Working much like the “Six Degrees of Separation” concept, you start by connecting with those you know and who know you, and through them build a larger network for the purpose of gaining resources, finding freelance work or clients, and building alliances and partnerships. LinkedIn is ideal for building connections for freelance work, a customer base, potential partners, or simply to keep your job prospects open.
How to Use LinkedIn?
LinkedIn has its own platform and system different from other networks, but learning how to use LinkedIn is no more difficult than learning how to use any other social networking site. Start by creating a personal LinkedIn account and profile.
However, networking on LinkedIn is much different. You won’t find members posting cat videos or pictures of what they made for dinner. LinkedIn is a site for professionals, so everything is geared toward careers and business. As you build your profile and seek out connections, endorsements, and recommendations, you’ll want to be professional. Use LinkedIn to navigate your career with confidence–whether you want to find a new job, keep in touch with your network, or stay up-to-date on the latest from your connections and your industry.
Use LinkedIn to Build a Home Business
LinkedIn can help you to start and grow a home business. It provides you with an opportunity to communicate and collaborate with other professionals interested in sharing business and industry knowledge. It is an efficient tool for locating those who may contribute to the success of your business.
LinkedIn allows you to:
- Browse and get recommended jobs that fit. Apply easily to millions of openings right from the app.
- Get alerted to stay on top of active conversations, the latest news and new opportunities.
- Use Find Nearby and QR code scanner features to easily find and connect to people you meet on-the-go.
- Use your LinkedIn profile as a virtual resume
- Highlight your accomplishments, responsibilities, and experience
- Add a picture to help people you know and potential employers find you
- Find friends, classmates, and colleagues to add to your network
- See updates on their activity and reach out via the app to stay in touch
- Follow companies, influencers, and topics you’re interested in
- Search and apply to millions of openings
- Upload and easily submit your resume to jobs that fit
- Save searches and create alerts to be the first to know about new openings
- Reach out to connections at companies you’re interested in for referrals and advice, to increase your chances of hearing back
LATEST NEWS AND CONTENT
- Share articles, comments, and knowledge with your network
- Learn about what’s happening in your industry with curated content
- Follow hashtags for timely updates on topics you care about the most
GET MORE OUT OF LINKEDIN BY USING THE APP
- Find nearby: allows you to connect to people in your vicinity
- QR code scanner: share your unique code so people can connect with you instantly
- Push notifications: know immediately when someone responds or wants to connect
Whether you want to find a new job, share your knowledge, build your professional reputation, or if you just need a lightweight way to stay in touch–get started with the LinkedIn app today.
The LinkedIn app is free to use and download.
How to Create an App like Linkedin?
To create a LinkedIn App, go and visit: https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer .
You need to be logged in to your LinkedIn account to be able to access their developer page. So first, login to your LinkedIn account and then follow the link above to get to their developer page. This should look similar to the one shown in the image below:
On that page click on the “Create Application” link. Now the “Create Application” page does load. On that page enter all the information which do contain a star. They are required.
Within the Application Info make sure, that you enter the correct URL of your website and that the URL you enter there does match 100% the one from your website. So if the URL of your website does include the www like http://www.domain.com than you need to enter it like that. If the URL of your website doesn’t include the www, than you don’t need to include the www within the URL. It’s important that the entered Website URL does match the one from your actual website, otherwise the App won’t work correctly and it will show an error message when you or your users try to connect with the App.
After you added the application you will see an app listing page which will contain all the needed information to integrate that App in to your website.
Use the “OAuth 2.0 Redirect URLs” field same as the LinkedIn callback url. If these entries do not completely match the URL of your website, the application won’t work and it will show an error message when you try to connect to the App.
Copy the API Key and Secret Key in to the LinkedIn App settings within the Plugin settings page.
After you entered the App ID and App Secret, click on the “Save Changes” button within the plugin’s settings page.
LinkedIn App Review Submission
The plugin is updated with LinkedIn OAuth v2.0 so, if you want to publish your post on LinkedIn pages, you have to submit your LinkedIn app for review.
Link your company page with the OAuth App. Once you link your company page with App, you will receive confirmation email with confirmation link. Just verify it, and it will mark verified.
w_member_social permission you will get enabled by default but to get w_organization_social and r_organization_social you have to apply. The organization permission you should be required to post on company pages.
After verifying page, apply for API access (w_organization_social and r_organization_social
Factors that influence the cost of an app like LinkedIn
A social networking app like LinkedIn app cost varies on implementing advanced and active features on it, to perform users in the social community. The app like LinkedIn requires persuasive layout and reliable base platform to support high-level features and to store tons of information that app embraces.
- The App development cost like LinkedIn differs as per selection of different platforms; Android costs almost expensive than the iOS platform because it essentially has more methods to be tested against.
- The LinkedIn App clone cost depends on the variety of sizes of the app development. The larger the size the more it requires. Being a visual social media app, it connected to have videos, images, and extracts of texts, which utilize space and lead to an escalation in costs.
- The Cost estimation of an App like LinkedIn ranges on app design in a system that it draws and supports its users while being user-friendly. High-level technologies and devices need, which normally come at a higher price associated with app development.
- The LinkedIn App cost differs on executing Essential features like user profiles, Barcodes and QR codes, image posting, and video posting and advanced features like data syncing, push notifications, messages etc.
- The social media app cost like LinkedIn changes on evolving feature like enthusiastic users of social media sharing, messaging and conversing, a method of OTP’s confirmation etc also influence the cost of building an app like this.
- Lastly, The LinkedIn app development cost varies and depends on a qualified and expert developer is important as his location and expertise also affect the development of the app.
Discuss your ideas with Future Work Technologies now! We will assist you to convert it into the mobile app. Our team of mobile app development experts will put your idea into a real app to satisfy user requests or your enterprise goal.
Map Heading Include Here
Our Happy Clients
We are so proud to serve these clients and to delight them with our service
We are trusted by Startups, Enterprise and Agencies.
Overall it was a great experience. Future work produced a world class product for us.Read More
The team is the biggest asset you guys bring to your customers. The knowledge of theRead More
I really don’t know if I can possibly have all the right words to describe Future wRead More
Future work technologies did an excellent job in terms of building to our specific reRead More
Future work is so much more than a company that will develop your app. It is difficulRead More
Submit your resume
Thanks for considering Career at Future Work Technologies. Please complete the form below so that we can connect with you.
– All Right Reserved.