- 3240 Views
- No comments
GUIDE TO CHOOSE VOICE AND SMS APIS
TWILIO VS NEXMO VS PLIVO VS SINCH
A imaging idea, state-of-art technology and easy to use attributes, jointly govern the success of on demand mobile app . While you have already your idea, selecting proper features and using the correct software integrations will not just take you onward of your challengers, but will make you ready to tap the immense potential in the future. Twilio vs Nexmo vs Plivo vs Sinch.
Future works has come up with this post to help you choose the best SMS & Voice API’s for your on demand mobile app in this sector. Beside, doing a non-biased comparison of features and the simple technology. To help you, i have compared the price for leading SMS and Voice APIs to decide you a reasonable option which will work best for your mobile application. Today Twilio is the most popular actor in this territory. Some opponents which can be used as Twilio alternatives include Plivo, Nexmo and Sinch. But before comparison of available Voice APIs & SMS like “twilio vs nexmo” or “twilio vs plivo”, let’s understand the purpose and need of these combination.
Do you think to integrate VOIP & Text SMS in Users mobile application?
Well, I would answer the question in just one word i.e. YES! and here is why:
Like mobile phone without a sim card referred to an on-demand mobile app without SMS and voice API. The backbone of any on-demand platform is text based notifications and VOIP services as they facilitate the required communication between an users and service providers. These integrations are essential in order to enhance the overall experience for every person connected to the mobile app – admin, service providers and clients. Although, Below points will make you understand the use of these features. Because a mobile app can work without these integrations.
• Verifications Calls & One Time Password :
In a marketplace model, At the time of sign-up, it is important to verify the mobile number of users. Hence there is a must of VOIP and SMS APIs to carry on these verification tasks efficiently.
• In-App Texting & Calling:
To streamline the process, by which admin can communicate with service providers and service providers can communicate with the customers an on-demand app requires a way. These requirements are met by integrating SMS and Voice APIs in your Android and iOS app.
• Trigger based notifications:
It has become important to notify clients at every point of their order journey right from order received notification to delivery notification and from ‘about to arrive’ notification to the last delivered notification. if you integrate a good SMS API in your mobile app then these real time status notifications can be sent.
• Number Masking:
Number masking has to be executed in order to safeguard the privacy of the people and at the times when a service provider has to get in touch with the customer or vice versa.
when you have to make special message to your clients or service providers there will be times. The message can be about new promo codes, some upcoming offers, changed cost or something else that needs to be sent to all person or a selected pool. To make such message, you again need some Text SMS API.
Now, let’s move on to compare the best available options. when you are clear about why you need an API for VOIP, SMS texts and notifications.
Things that matter in deciding which API to choose:
1. Pricing: You should not spend anything more than what is required.
2. Stability: You want something you can rely upon.
3. Verification: Through automated voice calls or OTP.
4. A dedicated number: not required.
5. Delivery Reports: Optional but make sure you have access to reports for better analysis.
6. Availability in your country: Make sure that the service is available in your area.
7. How easy is the Integration: Know if it the SDK can be integrated in your app.
Here’s a price correlation chart for the four popular SMS and Voice API providers i.e. Twillo, Plivo, Nexmo and Sinch. The cost listed in the chart below are for the United state. I have also some other basic features beside their price for each of these API providers.
Price Comparison of SMS APIs for Android and iOS mobile app
Price comparison of VOIP Service (Voice APIs for Android & iOS apps)
Some important features and prices to be considered:
All prices in the chart are for the USA. Follow the links in the features section of each SMS & Voice API provider To find the prices and availability in your own country.
Apart from a dedicated number and incoming / outgoing SMS costs, there are many other things which you might be excited in. I have listed these features apart from their price for each of the Voice API & 4 SMS Providers.
Twilio API Features and Pricing:
• Twilio has defined SMS packages where the cost of first 6 million messages is $0.0085 / SMS and for the next 30 million messages $0.005 per message.
• Similar packages are available for MMS, Shortcodes etc.
• Twilio has a unique product by the name Authy which deals in two-way authentication.
• Twilio discounts local numbers at $1 per month and toll free numbers at $2 per month.
• Call recording and call storage facility is also provided at $0.0025 and $0.0006 per minute respectively. Twilio vs Nexmo vs Plivo vs Sinch
Check Twilio pricing in your country here: https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing
Sinch API Features and Pricing:
• Sinch offers free app to app calling for the first 30,000 minutes and thereafter just $0.006 per minute.
• App to mobile calls are charged at $0.01 / minute.
• Unlike Twilio, Sinch offers free inbound SMS, both for long codes and short codes.
• Verifications are charged at $0.0075 / verification.
• Sinch offers free instant messages for 30,000 monthly active users and $0.0035 / user for above that.
Major companies using Sinch: Tango, Truecaller, Splyt, Swedbank, BeepMe.Check Sinch pricing in your country here: https://www.sinch.com/pricing/voice/
Nexmo API Features & Pricing
• Nexmo is known to offer free inbound SMS.
• Any phone verification is charged at $0.1350 / successful verification.
• The prices to get a dedicated toll free number and a normal number are same at $0.90 / month.
• Nexmo offers a shared shortcode number absolutely free.
• Inbound Shortcode messages cost users $0.005 / SMS.
Major companies using Nexmo: Airbnb, Expedia, Viber, Zipcar, Alibaba. Nexmo is one of the major competitor of Twilio.Check Nexmo pricing in your own country here: https://www.nexmo.com/pricing/
Plivo API Features & Pricing
• Plivo offers free call recording and free call storage.
• Plivo charges $0.0030 for outbound calls and $0.0210 for inbound calls from toll free numbers.
• Vanity short code numbers are also available with plivo at $4500 / 3 months.
Major companies using Plivo as an Twilio alternative include: Mozilla, Netflix, Homejoy. CallHub, Pagerduty. Twilio vs Nexmo vs Plivo vs SinchCheck Plivo pricing in your own country here: https://www.plivo.com/pricing/
The Bottom Line: Twilio vs Nexmo vs Plivo vs Sinch
As you look forward to integrate a Voice and Text API in your on-demand mobile app, you might again want to make a list of the things that matter most to you. If you are in a starting phase and have not yet got massive funding, you may want to look into Twilio alternatives like Plivo or Nexmo, which are more cheap. If money is not a constraint, than I advise you to go with the most popular option i.e. Twilio .sms voice api twilio vs nexmo plivo sinch mobile app. Twilio vs Nexmo vs Plivo vs Sinch
To know more about, integration of these services or to develop your on-demand idea into a working business model! ask our expert or you can check our portfolio.
Map Heading Include Here
Our Happy Clients
We are so proud to serve these clients and to delight them with our service
We are trusted by Startups, Enterprise and Agencies.
Submit your resume
Thanks for considering Career at Future Work Technologies. Please complete the form below so that we can connect with you.
– All Right Reserved.